tyler_durden;231538 Wrote:
> This sort of thing is a good way to destroy tweeters.
Indeed so. It reminds me of the biggest case of brain-fade I ever had,
audio-wise. Back in about 1990, I had a HiFi News test CD, and was
interested in checking my hearing. After being pleasantly surprised
that I could hear the 18kHz tone, I tried the 20kHz one. Needless to
say, I heard nothing. So I thought to myself, "I wonder if I would hear
it if I turned up the volume?". What I did hear, of course, was the
inevitable "pop-pop" as both tweeters of one of my Linn Isobariks
burned out. It took about a millisecond for me to realise what had
happened and how stupid I had been. Luckily the tone was only playing
on one channel.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A