I could not agree with Phil more. We will see some outrageous products
being developed over the coming months and years in this "new" product
category. Word has been for awhile that Meridian is headed this way and
with the recent introduction of their ethernet based digital delivery
infrastructure for all future products, it only makes sense for them to
jump in as well. The complelling thing is that we are speaking of two
pioneers in the field of digital processing in the audio world.
Meridian has been at the forefront of lossless encoding since before
FLAC hit the internets. They licensed many digital formats to Dolby,
creating "innovations" such as PL II Music (originally Trifield) and
Dolby TRUE HD (MLP). With their knowledge we should see some good
things. Expensive but good.

Regarding the SB3/Transparent Cable/Musical Fidelity against Linn
Klimax DS:without direct comparison I cannot definitively say. But I
was impressed with what I heard, yet I am not compelled to change my
current setup for any amount, no matter my financial means. I am a
happy listener and user.

--
rexflexall