tonyptony;231155 Wrote:
> Hmm, that's the "Normal" test convolution? In the Inguzaudio\Tools
> directory find the normal.drc file and open it in Notepad or similar
> editor. Look for PSPointsFile; see what's after the equals sign. If
> it's bk-3-spline.txt then I'm not quite sure why it isn't correcting
> the slope of the high end more than it is. I guess the other thing I
> wasn't expecting is how little variation there is in the convolution
> (except for that dip at 150Hz). The smoothness of that line looks more
> like an extreme or insane correction in my system.

I checked the pspoints file, and it is indeed set to the bk-3-spline
target.  I have no explanation as to why DRC is allowing the HF
increase to remain. It is my understanding that the HFs are rolled off
to varying degrees in the bk target files. I've been reading posts
suggesting the ecm8000 (which I used) can be inaccurate in the HF
ranges - could this be contributing to that uncorrected upturn?

I also noticed the normal test convolution looked too "severe", so I
have attached a new graph of my measured response (red), minimal
(green), normal (blue), and insane (purple) test convolutions.  Why
would the differences be so subtle? Inguz looked at one of my earlier
(different) sets of measurements and commented that I was getting an
extremely linear response (especially through the mid range) and
guessed that I was using a relatively high quality small monitor in a
relatively "active" room.

|Filename: measured-min-norm-insaneconv.jpg                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3484|

esbrewer