If I had to choose between 24/48 and 16/192 I would definitely choose
24/48.  If you think of it in video terms, the higher resolution of a
greater bit-depth lets you capture a more detailed "picture" of each
frame.

Yet there's definitely a case of diminishing returns once the framerate
is sufficiently fast enough to fool humans into thinking a series of
snapshots is smooth motion.

There's definitely a greater level of resolution and detail from
24-bit, even at the lower sample rates like 48.

Another nice thing about 24/48 is that you can go directly to the SB3
for playback (though you might want to encode to FLAC first).  24/48
should also be pretty good as an archival medium.

Let us know how the Zoom works out; I've been looking for a good,
portable digital audio recorder, too.

--
Pale Blue Ego