SuperQ;233345 Wrote:
> Any review that talks about "support systems" for non-mechanical
> playback devices is suspect.  This review was not worth the time it
> took to download the page.

Sorry your incorrect in your generalisation, I've used a isolation base
for my SB3 that IN MY SYSTEM has a marked effect on the sound quality.
I've used similar for cdp's and solid state amps the effect is
repeatable and obvious in different systems.

If in doubt try using a stethescope to listen to vibration transmission
through your hifi support.

place listening head on the floor ...tap floor listen
place listening head on shelf and repeat.
Add a granite or marble shelf on top of the normal shelf and repeat .

It should be clear the effect the increased mass has on the transmitted
vibration.

Then consider that resistors and capacitors not to mention the chips
are to a greater or less degree microphonic.  If you can reduce the
amount of vibration within the unit you will lower the noise floor ie
it should sound better.

When I heard the transport against the sb3 it was clear the transport
was superior but not imo $1600 superior.

--
zanash

Acoustician and builder of interesting cables