kami916;235088 Wrote:
> I just purchased audioengine5 speakers based on reports here and
> elsewhere. I'm trying to configure my sb (second one) and new speakers
> in the basement. Would it harm sound quality to locate the speakers on
> side walls, 12 feet or so from the rear wall? In other words, the
> speakers would sort of be in the middle of the room. My understanding
> is bass is reflected out of the rear of the units. So what happens when
> waves must travel so far and be dispersed before reflecting back?
>
> thx!

They are quite bassy. I have them placed 15 inches from the wall on a
low table. I bought a subwoofer thinking I'd need bass support, but no,
they reach down with authority. Try it out, they seem quite resilient to
positioning. Very capable, user friendly and amazingly cost effective
little things - I am a huge fan, and 2 people that have listened to
them were "what?" and already bought theirs. I can't imagine what these
guys would put together if their were to design a $2,000 speaker next.

--
pablolie