The thing is that good cables are worth the money. Changing the cheap
off the rack RCA connectors, or upgrading the "free" loudspeaker cable
does provide one with the ability to tighten overall performance.

But I said good cables. I have listened to highly acclaimed $2,000
cables in my main system (both between the CD and IA, and also to the
loudspeakers), and could not hear any improvement. If anything, it
sounded worth.

So I am a firm believer in good quality cabling, but without going over
the top for myself. I seem to recall I spent $250 on my XLR cable
between Accuphase CD and IA (and the color was a key reason, so sue me)
and have Mogami cable to the loudspeakers, which was about $250, tops,
too.

If this test is just about any cable, that guy will have to pay up. I
doubt it'll happen. Sounds like a publicity stunt to stir up discussion
and flame. :-)

--
pablolie