jaysung;236423 Wrote:
> Hi,
> exciting idea. How will you cope with copyright protection? wma with
> drm? Then I wouldn't be interested. BTW.: All the fuzz about 24bits and
> 96khz is to be considered with caution. There is a quite lengthy thread
> here and it basically states that it is hard to hear the differences.
> Sure a pulse/square wave at 20000hz is being degrated to a sine wave
> for lack of samples but again who cares. I would be happy (or perhaps
> not) when I'd hear that ultra high frequencies. My hearing maxis out at
> 15khz and I am 24 years old. Imagine being 50 or 70... I sell my hifi
> stuff at some point in the future ;). But for now I think if you offer
> 48khz and 16 or if you like 24 bits I would be up for a beta test.
> Ah, yep. FLAC!!! I wouldn't want any windoze codecs to polute my
> archive! ;)
> And I would like to throw a glance on your web site and check if it is
> readable by blind persons. It is (yes indeed) possible to do an online
> shop without flash and even javascript mouseovers and animated gives
> that do reapoint GWB.
> Cheers
> Jeronimo
> PS.: Web site looks OK for an initial glance.

>From my experience of recording, the 24 bit part (vs 16 bit) is FAR
more important than the 96kHz (vs 44 or 48) part of the specification
upgrade. I can certainly hear the bit depth improvement but have
trouble hearing the sample rate improvement - it's a waste of storage
space in most cases.

The majority of wiser heads (and ears) than mine are in agreement, I
believe.

Andrew

--
Andrew B.