westernboy;237728 Wrote:
> So, if I understand correctly, you prefer the SB3 analog outs to the
> output of your external DAC in this situation?  That makes some sense,
> based on our private discussion on external DACs.
>
> Interesting, and an experiment I may try myself - although the
> difference would have to be good enough to justify finding another way
> to route my HT front outputs...
>
> Gary

Gary,
Yeah, what came to mind was my blind test of the SB3 analogue outs vs
external DAC - it was 4wins-2draw-2loss in favour of the DAC IIRC.
Since that isn't very significant I decided to give the SB3 analogue
outs another try seeing as I was on a roll with stripping things out of
my system :-)

Well, I can't say for sure but I figure the 24 bit volume control is
more transparent than a physical one. Looked at another way: the more I
give the SB3 a chance the more it impresses me. Although I can't be
definitive about anything without a blind test (and I haven't got time
right now...) it's convenient and it's sounding good to me.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass mode) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system