cgull;240075 Wrote:
> Last night I did a test of a Toshiba SD4700/standard cd vs SB3/flac. The
> Toshiba sounded significantly better, no question about it. So I know
> that my amp/speaks are capable of producing a sound that is good to my
> ears. This is whats leading me down the DAC path.
OK, fair enough. You've done a comparison and decided you prefer the
sound of the Toshiba DVD player to the SB3. But before spending any
money, be sure to check that you're not accidentally bitrate limiting
the feed to the SB3, and also make sure your comparison of DVD player
to SB3 is level matched.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A