Yes, I have used the passive out for quite some time. Just a second
order filter after the AKM dac's. I have also new clock and new PSU for
the dac's. These tweak's makes the behringer a very nice unit. Next up
is to replace the sample rate converter (CS8420) with a better one. The
8420 gets the "hikkup" now and then, and passes on a distorted signal.
Sounds like putting a blanket over the speakers :)
http://www.dcx2496.fr/en/news_en.php
I bet you can do the passive out in the transporter. But what comes
after the transporter? Should have fairly large impedance to make the
DAC's see a nice load. My pre is 47k and it works nicely.

Cheers.

Polarbear