Gibbo wrote:
> an active sub should have a speaker level in, that can connect to a
> speaker cable from the standard amp left and right outputs? how does
> this connect with the speakers that are also connected? series?
> parallel?

Depends on the specifics of the sub. On my REL stadium, the speaker
level inputs are actually high impedance, so while the operate in
parallel, they really don't load down the amp.

Other subs take the speaker level input and filter it, and send a high
pass signal to the speakers. So they are essentially in series.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/