Mnyb;251464 Wrote:
> You got a transporter so you could use 24b 96kHz wav files.
> I don't think wifi is upp to it. Apart from that it should be the same
>
> Do the speed test with the slimserver, thats always interesting

If you do the maths, it's not a problem for wifi at all.

24/96 file in wav format is 4.5mbps.  A good 802.11g signal (54mbps
signaling) can easily send 20mbps of real data.  Not a problem!  You
could run 5+ transporters with 24/96 FLAC over wifi.  Seriously!  Audio
is not that bandwidth intensive.

Yes, the speedtest is what you want to do to verify that your network
can handle your needs.

--
SuperQ