I think trouble with "hi-fi" is that it's inanimate objects trying to
achieve the impossible: the recreation of live music. If you accept
this - then every piece of kit ultimately fails. We just have different
tolerances to the manner of these failures, and accept limitations based
on our own perceptions (and budgets).

There is no "holy grail" in audio, but the paths aiming for it just go
different ways. And that's what makes it interesting IMO!

--
morris_minor

SB3 [Regulated PS] > Sonifex RB DAC1 > Musical Fidelity X10v3 > Sudgen
Headmaster > Sennheiser HD 595
Michell Gyrodec SE DC [Tecnoarm, Goldring 1042] > Graham Slee Era V
Gold > [Sugden Headmaster] . . .
Pioneer DV565 universal player, Panasonic DVR, Yamaha DSPAX750SE, Kef
Cresta 30 (fronts), Tannoy Profile 633 (rears)
Mac Mini [1.83GHz, 2Gb], Iomega Minimax 500Gb, LaCie Ethernet BigDisk
1TB, D-Link DSL604+, M-Audio Transit USB, Audiolab 8000A, Monitor Audio
M2s
Crappy old PC - 1GHz Athlon