slimkid;253882 Wrote:
> Right on the money. Besides the term 'musical', I also don't understand
> the exact meaning of 'PRAT' and 'dynamic' when used in an audiophile
> context. So, would you, please, care to elaborate? May I suggest using
> well known musical examples to demonstrate, rather than using one word
> to describe other.
>
> And, just in case that the language barrier gets in the way, this is
> not meant to be cynical question, but very sincere one. People use
> those words in this forum, and I'd like to know what they exactly mean
> by them.
>
> thks.

Hi slimkid

Thanks for the  honesty.

PRAT     is short for pace.rythme and timeing .

PRAT is what playing music is all about , those who play music knows
exactly what im talking about. the better you do this the more musical
it simply is.

Linn and naim are  the 2 companys that takes this most seriously and
getting this  right  is  there  Primary goal above all.
Linns lp12  is the goodfarther of prat .

Naim`s   house sound are offen described as Happy tune.
Many times when people ask what is PRAT  the are cofronted  with the
statment try listend to a naim system and yo will know.

Linn its  tunefull, or tunedem

And example   , mark knoflerĀ“s  done with bonaparte     through my linn
unidisk  its just impossible not tapping your foot , it boggies, and is
just so well tunefull.

With the sb3  you still here it but its much less pronounced,
the transporter  are much better in this regard.

I also owen linn amps  and beleive me the are really somthing to it.
The are so transperant , but iroinicly   there are a sence of joyness
to the sound no matter have bad the recording is.

Dynamics are have asystem can handel variations of level  in the music.

Live music  is offen   very dynamic.

Linn klimax amps  wich i have are known to have HUGE dynamic
headroom,but also extremly fast do to there digita  powersupplys  what
that means is that  the big moments in the music are rendered with
enormous  impact and drive.
But if the amps are not also fast many times the music will sound heavy
or overpowered if you will.

In my system getting this powerfull klimax amps have resulted in live
music like dynamics.
What i means in every day music listning is that when you put new music
on you never know what is around the corner in the music.

The opposit could be your car stereo  , where every thing sound pretty
much the same.

thanks

--
harmonic