Today I tried the analogue outputs again and this is what happened:

1) Internal clock.

44.1, 48, 88.2 played well (I did not try 96 but can see no reason why
it shouldn't work).

2) External clock 44.1kHz - using data at 44.1kS/s.

If I turn the external clock off the music slows down.
If I set the external clock to 48 the music speeds up.

3) External clock 44.1kHz - using data at 88.2kS/s.

Only white noise.

3) External clock 48kHz - using data at 48 and 96kS/s.

Only white noise.

I did not test this yesterday but relied on tests I did before. Now
after checking I am almost sure that I did something wrong last time I
tested months ago - late March 2007. I got the Transporter in March
2007. To use the 48kHz clock input has never worked with the
Transporter.

The rest of what I have written in this post regarding what happens
when I use the Transporter is still correct.

I use slimserver 6.5.4. Which firmware version is that?

seanadams;253669 Wrote:
> A further test you could do would be to put the DAC into slave (normal
> s/pdif clock) mode, and verify that it is able to play the s/pdif
> signal coming from the Transporter while the Transporter is being fed
> by the 48KHz external clock.

I checked this now just to make sure and it does not work. Using the
internal clock of the Transporter works.

Rgds.

--
achri-d