Phil Leigh;255166 Wrote:
> Unfortunately, the "everything louder than everything else" mastering
> technique can't be reversed. Once the dynamic has been lost - it's
> gone.

I'm not hoping for a miracle.  I just want to make my system a bit,
well... less revealing.  Or something like that.  I want it to sound
more like it would at a live rock venue, maybe using something like
this:

http://www.originalhorizon.com/shop/images/zseriesmkii804detail.jpg

> Do you have a few examples of badly mastered albums?
> My "modern" collection is rather small...
> I'd need a frame of reference.

Sepultura: Beneath the Remains, Everclear: Sparkle&Fade, early
Metallica, The White Stripes: Elephant, etc.  It all sounds a bit too
analytical.  My system is the best I've ever heard at reproducing
acoustic music and sounds accurately - so I guess that's the problem...

Should I use Inguz to crank the bass?  Midrange?  Convolve with some
kind of special turn-audiophile-heaven-into-crappy-PA-speakers filter?

--
opaqueice