I joined this forum yesterday, and I just can't tear myself away. But I
think I'm closing in on finally setting up an ideal system for myself,
thanks to all of your invaluable input!

My source component will be either the TP or a server connecting
directly to my integrated amp via Lynx L22 (fed from SB3: thanks for
this ingenious solution, NewBuyer!)

So now, my decision trickles down to the ultimate selection of
integrated amp to go along with my source. The Pathos hybrid has a
balanced XLR input, whereas the Leben all-tube only has unbalanced RCA.
Would the sound quality suffer that much if I ran Lynx L22 via
unbalanced RCA rather than XLR? The reason why I'm this keen on the
Leben is its sweet, sweet headphone out, which makes my cans sound way
better than any headphone amp out there. This would also get rid of one
more component.

Ultimately, I guess the question is: Is the SQ difference so noticeable
in going w/ balanced XLR - esp. via L22 - that I should forgo the
Leben's headphone out capabilities? Or can most people live w/o this
difference & are okay w/ unbalanced?

Thanks, as always!

P.S. - is it really okay running L22 directly to the integrated amp w/o
stand-alone DAC? Does it sound better through a DAC, i.e. Benchmark?

--
selfdivider