coupon;259161 Wrote:
> I am wondering how does the digital volume control work on the digital
> output signal path (ie. coaxial output from the transporter) on the
> transporter.  Will it degrade the digital signal when it's use in less
> then full volume output?
>
> Thanks

Many threads here on this topic already. including this one:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39611&highlight=digital+volume+control

The short answer is: eventually, yes, but you have quite a lot of room
to play without losing any resolution as the signal path is 24 bit and
most sources are only 16 bit in the first place.

If you are using the digital out you can always choose to lock the
digital output at max, and do your volume control downstream in your
amp.

HTH

--
ceejay