sweetsound;260285 Wrote:

> In general, there is a measurable shift of the electrical
> characteristics of components and ICs within the first 100h (have
> enough leakage, C(V) data to prove it). Major reason is that charges
> get incorporated in dielectrics, but this saturates quite quickly.
> After several years there is then gradual fatigue, which  leads to
> leakages and break-down and the component dies.
>
> However, for ICs at least the functionality and output signals in
> general do not change, because the circuit is designed to compensate
> internally for process variations and drifts over lifetime.
> BTW process / production variations by far exceed the break-in
> changes.
>

> But if people follow their passion, what can I say
> sweetsound

This is my understanding too. One of the reasons even respected
designers like that of Zu cable recommend it. Basically people are
looking at it from elect. engg point of view. But it should be
approached from a material science perspective (I am a CS grad). In my
experience though, I do not notice much change after a few hours. Also,
the psychological aspect is one important thing. We just have to get
used to the different sound. But then again something like a cable
should not change the sound that much right ? So the naysayers can get
you on that one.

I never believed that much in the effect of cables ..especially digital
cables. I had a cheap toslink to my MSB Dac for a long time, until one
day I used an 'audiophile' digital cable and noticed the difference.
That started my journey toward understanding digital (jitter and
stuff). The Squeezebox is also an attempt in 'system design' in this
regard (i am a s/w architect). My system is "all digital" with the
incorporation of a digital amplifier - Panasonic XR55. I find power
conditioners beneficial but they seem to reduce the dynamics of amps. I
use Furman Power Factor Pro daisy chained with a balanced power
conditioner (very good for the video, completely throws out noise, I
guess). But the Panny is connected to the Furman directly.

(This email is an attempt so that people will be easy on alekz :-) ..i
guess he lost his way from audiocircle or audioasylum.com :-))

--
SoftwireEngineer