Taylormade wrote:
> That's true, but that only helps if you have a local vendor where you
> can easily return the unit you don't like.

I believe, YMMV, etc. that you are insane to buy something as subjective
as a DAC without the ability to easily return it. I bought my Benchmark
DAC-1 from Mercenary Audio, and they are willing to send you a Benchmark
and replace it with the Larvy if you want. You can not expect this level
of service is you squeeze every nickle of profit, retailers have to pay
the bills too.

I would not buy anything "audiophile" unless I heard it with my own ears.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/