You are proving my point yourself....

The DS locks you into a Linn proprietary architecture
You have to use all Linn products to get the full benefit... That's not
open architecture to me.

If that's what you want fine.... I'm just not buying it and I'm very
sceptical...

What do you do if you want to use a 4 way digital crossover?
I guess you need to buy an expensive controller (preamp), but the
controller only has a digital loop, how do you control this?

I think this provides for a messy architecture, not consumer oriented,
in my mind at all.

How are your wife and kids going to operate this if you have two
preamps, a couple of players (The kids want a CD player too and they
must have their Ipod connedted to the rig) and a set of extra boxes to
cater for the 4 way digital x-over? And you want the Ipod connected in
the digital domain by a way of, say, a Wadia dock...

I have made my opinion and I'm not going to discuss this anymore.

Linn is indeed a reputable company, but that doesn't mean all their
products are sound, future proof and based on an open architecture.

I have the right to have my opinion and I don't expect people to agree
with me, and it's fine if people disagree, but to say that I don't get
the point is way out of line.

BTW I don't think it's a crappy product, but it's lacking in options
and provides for a crappy price/performance ratio.

Regards

Harald N

--
haraldo