Phil Leigh;264371 Wrote:
> Turntables - yes no issue (except for the outrageous cost - I couldn't
> afford it - the Lingo was the last straw).
Agreed. I started with a pre-Nirvana model in 1979, and the last update
I got was the Lingo, which improved the bass of the LP12 quite noticably
- most of the Linn "bloom" was gone, and is replaced by a much tighter
bottom end. I haven't bothered with the Trampolinn or Cirkus or
anything since.

Did you actually get the Lingo, or was it the first upgrade you passed
on?

Phil Leigh;264371 Wrote:
> As they appear to have priced themselves out of my wallet, my next
> system is going to be very very different. Might even be top-line Quads
> and a big valve amp...or maybe those active ATC's that Clive has...
My ATCs replaced a pair of passive Isobariks and Naim 135s, and I've
been delighted with them ever since. The ATCs simply annihilated the
'Bariks. I've still got the LP12 and Naim preamp - they are used for
vinyl transfers.

You mentioned that Linn's service costs are reasonable. So are ATC's:
the triamp packs in my SCM100As were fully serviced a couple of years
ago (including replacement of all electrolytics) at the ATC factory for
a total cost of £150.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A