Phil Leigh;264667 Wrote:

> I certainly don't believe that a Klimax DS into a small amp and
> speakers will sound anywhere near as good as an SB3 driving some
> serious amps/speakers.

Probably you are right. But good transparent amp/speakers will reveal
all the shortcomings of the source. Unless they are very euphonic, of
course.

OTOH, not up to scratch speakers will mask both problems and
"achievements" in the upstream components. E.g. Magnepan 0.6 I had
years ago showed very small difference between Densen 300XS, PassLabs
x150 and Classe CA201. But when I swapped the maggies with ML Sequel II
the difference was obvious.

--
alekz