bopyanker;264828 Wrote:
> Would there be any sonic advantages sending the SB's optical into a
> minidisc and then on to my preamp? For this is the only device I own
> that has a digital input.

No, definitely not

I wouldn't do that, I am 99.99999% sure the DAC in the SB3 is way
better than anything comparable in a minidisc or any other comparable
system.

You could possibly improve by adding a quality DAC, but then we are
talking about a different animal than what's in a minidisc. ref the
other rpley's in this discussion

I believe in simplicity and keeping signal paths as short as possible,
that means: if you add a link that doesn't improve... cut it out.

I cannot really comment that much on the DAC of the SB3, because I have
always had a Benchmark DAC1 at hand at that's a really well performing
produt (at $1000 though)

-Regards

harald N

--
haraldo

Suse Linux -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell KAV400xi -> Meadowlark
Kestrel2