Comments on free hand wiring..

Yes.! Free handwiring is basic Not a Good idea in a mixed signal
enviorioment like the SB3. I also belive that further improvement can
be done by placing these "flying" component on the PCB. But please note
the GND wire.. This is not more an "antenna" than the original PCB
design is on the "breakout board". Acctually the only difference is the
"noisy"gnd path on the main pcb.
If we take a look at flying components that are placed direct at the
opamps output. An opamps output is very low impedance and this will
make it more imune to rf-interference compared with a high impedance.
But Yes, an optimum pcb layout is still to prefere. If the chief
engineer are consider a new revision of the this little "wonder"
products layout, then please use this big improvement in the next one.
It is a small thing to do and do not have an extra cost related to it.

--
Caad