darrenyeats;265211 Wrote:
> Personally I'm in the camp that likes to listen at louder or more
> "realistic" volume levels.
>
> However, the maximum loudness of a system can work against its
> performance at low listening levels.
>
> You are limited by the dynamic range of all the equipment in the chain,
> and even the best equipment has a finite range. For example, I believe
> this factor more often that not benefits valve amps in level-matched
> comparisons against SS amps.
> Darren

Are you saying that tube amps have less dynamic range than  Solid
State??? I think I have to be misinterpreting something, would you
elaborate

--
GuyDebord

Reference3A Royal Master monitors biwired with van den Hul Inspiration,
REL Strata 5 sub. AMPS: Pathos Classic One MKIII's in mono config.
ANALOGUE: Clearaudio Ambient, Satisfy Carbon & Lyra Helikon SL, ASR
MiniBasis SQ preamp, link: WireWorld SilverEclipse 5.2. DIGITAL:
SlimDevices Transporter, link: AcousticZen Silver Reference2 XLR’s.
POWER: Isotek MiniSub GII, Isotek Elite cables (MiniSub, Rel), Siltech
SPX30 MKII (Transporter), van den Hul Mainstream (Pathos) & van den Hul
Mainserver (ASR).