Pale Blue Ego;265764 Wrote:
> I can hear a difference, even when using an outboard DAC.  I believe it
> has to do with the SBR not having a display.  I spent several days
> listening to both the SB3 and SBR and in switching between the 2, I
> always preferred the SBR.  It seemed a little more dynamic and had a
> quieter background.  The differences were not huge, and both players
> sounded good, just that the SBR was a little better.

Do you also notice an improvement in the SB3 when turning the display
off?  Seemed a large following in the audiophile CDP market that wanted
to be able to disable the VFD or display on high end CDPs.

--
twylie

Thecus N5200 -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> nuforce 8b -> Sonus Faber
Concertos / Audio Physic Sparks