Jim Holtz;266182 Wrote:
> I asked the same question in the Duet announcement thread and Sean
> replied that the digital side is identical. It *seems* that the analog
> side might not be as good in the Duet Vs. a SB2/3 in a high resolution
> audiophile system. Time will tell.

Well, again, the SB3 analogue side has a noise coming from the display
which I find unacceptable in my system (which is far from typical in
several ways, so that doesn't mean much for anybody else).  I haven't
tested the SBR analogue out, but I expect it doesn't have that problem
since it doesn't have a display.

As for digital outs, the jitter spectrum can be altered by different
overall board layout, the presence or absence of a power supply for the
display, etc.  So even if the digital side proper is identical, that
doesn't imply that the digital output is identical.

Again, let me stress that I doubt very much these issues are important
or audible, particularly into a decent DAC, but they are possible.

--
opaqueice