Sean, so you were half right, the internal torx are t10, but, at least
on my unit, the outer screws are t8.  But that doesn't really matter
(so why do I point it out you ask!!)

Anyway, I took the screen off played a particularly bad song and most
of the buzz went away.

So I took the SB3 completely apart and saw there were two leaded
electrolytic capacitors in the back.  One of them was the 3000uF you
mentioned and another was a smaller near the daughter board which
routes power/spdif/audio/etc.  That one was touching the daughter card.
So I moved it away and sorta mucked with the wifi cables.  Anyway,
something made a difference internally cause without the faceplate, the
unit is dead quite.

I put the faceplate back on and it buzzed again.  So I took it off and
looked widthwise across the top and there's a slight co-planarity
issue.  So I stacked up some thick tape around the top left corner of
the screen where it fits inside the plastic housing.  Now it's quiet
and the tape can't be seen!

Thanks again for the help!  Best forum ever!

--
verbatone