It would be interesting to see some MEASURED performance of various
Transporter modifications.  Before I get the usual chorus of
"measurements don't count, sound does", let me point out that
measurements DO clearly count, because the ear and brain are apparently
registering a difference.  It seems to me that the problem becomes
finding the correct measurement which shows what the difference is.
Does MW make any attempt to quamtify the improvement they make?  In the
end, the Transporter, whether it is stock, MW or something else puts out
a waveform.  Seems to me that, since the input is digital, one can know
exactly what the output  should look like.  The difficulty is finding
measuring devices with sufficient precision; I would think even a stock
Transporter would push many measuring devices to the limit.  But,
hearing has limits also and many measurements (not all) are far more
precise than humam hearing  Anyway, what does MW specify is the
improvement?

--
Timothy Stockman