Mark Lanctot;269807 Wrote:
> ...Now the SB1 had an equalizer, so it is possible to do this in
> software by accessing some code in the hardware I'd imagine.  Then
> again, many audiophiles would not want such uncleanliness in their
> signal path...

thks, that explains why there are treble and bass controls in prefs
file that I couldn't activate :). So why was that discontinued?

Fully agree with messing with the signal path, and that's why I was
asking for something that can be switched Off and On (unlike Inguz that
is happily crunching all the time).

Now, back to the issue, obviously such EQ would have to be implemented
into the SB, not the SC. Given that it already deals with lot, not
likely that it will happen.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAj2aPdQnk or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMNuuFSvN0