slimkid;269850 Wrote:
> thks, that explains why there are treble and bass controls in prefs file
> that I couldn't activate :). So why was that discontinued?

Good question.  I am assuming this was something that was handled in
hardware by the SB1.  The SB1 used a "Micronas MAS3539" decoder.
Anything newer uses a Xilinx CPLD - a programmable decoder which can
allow reprogramming to use new codecs as they are developed.  The
Micronas chip was "hardwired" - the SB1 can never support any formats
other than MP3 and WAV.

I'm guessing that the Micronas chip allowed such adjustments, because
surely these adjustments could only be performed during playback, which
is what the chip is doing.

--
Mark Lanctot

Ben Klass: "I won't even eat a pre-7.0 meal.  Well, unless it involves
bacon."

SB2, Transporter, beta SBR, beta SBC, production SBC