morris_minor;272991 Wrote:
> Doesn't one of the differences in sound between LP and CD have to do
> with the filtering of high frequences by CD? Musical information - in
> the form of harmonics - extends way beyond the 20KHz barrier of a CD,
> and even if you can't identify the sound at high frequencies they must
> (surely?) influence the tonal characteristic of the fundamental note
> you can hear.
>
> Higher frequencies come off an LP, so in my mind it's worth trying to
> capture them.

Sadly, most tape machines used to master vinyl had a freq response that
tailed off over 18Khz or so...and most cartridges had/have a similar
falling response...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables