In recent years I've developed a preference for active powered audio
monitors. I own several sets, and am planning to buy another coupe of
pair.

In my home office I have a pair of Behringer B2031As with matching
B2029A subwoofers. This setup is very inexpensive for the level of
performance.

I also have some Alesis M1-520s which are smaller and very affordable.

Next I'm going to try the Wharfedale Pro 8.2 Active's.  These come
highly recommended by some people I respect on the sursound mailing
list. When you're assembling a 16 channel surround listening
environment powered monitors bring a whole new level of practicality.

My plan is to combine several sets of powered monitors with several
SB3s to create a wireless distributed whole house audio system. I'm
about a third of the way though. I'm just starting to document the
process on my blog at http://blog.mgraves.org.

Michael

--
mgraves