Hi Kris,

My CD players has a certain extra weight to the upper bass, something
that I had unconciously compensated for when I positioned my speakers,
as a result getting a compromise between the CD player and the
turntable.

The TP does not have this characteristic, and so I had to reposition
the speakers to even the response (still working on that actually). So
you could give that a try.

Secondly, for some reason decoding FLAC natively in the TP sounds
different to decoding it in SS/SC and sending the waves to the TP. Now
I personally prefer the native option, but it is the work of a second
to try that out too.

--
bigfool1956

David Ayers
Music is what counts, hifi just helps us enjoy it more