Going from single-ended to balanced on a Krell KAV 400 is not a subtle
change and it's about much more than noise rejection....

If you're running balanced on go to single ended, the system suddenly
strike you as cold and sterile, going back to balanced brings back the
natural balance.

I don't know what it is, but this amplifier must be run balanced in
order to get the full benefit of the product. I believe this also means
that anything ahead of the amplifier must be fully balanced. I believe
this is also the case with some other genuinely balanced amplifiers
like the Ayre Integrated....

I don't know what this is and why it is like this, but this is very
audible and certainly not about a placebo effect.....

-H :-D

--
haraldo

Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop / SC7 -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell
KAV400xi -> Meadowlark Kestrel2 / Duntech PCL-15
Everything is difficult before it's easy