haraldo;280015 Wrote:
> [...]
> I don't know what it is, but this amplifier must be run balanced in
> order to get the full benefit of the product. [...]
> I don't know what this is and why it is like this, but this is very
> audible and certainly not about a placebo effect.....
>
> -H :-D

I'm running a TP so I'll be going from that directly to the 400Xi. Did
you A-B between the balanced and unbalanced?  I guess you couldn't
exactly do that since the SB doesn't have a balanced output.  Can you
do that on the DAC 1?  Or are you comparing the analog out from the SB
to the balanced out of the DAC 1?

I came very close to getting a DAC 1 Pre to go with my SB but
ultimately decided on the TP.

regards, David

--
wireless200