tomjtx;284123 Wrote:
> ..........NO.........

I suspect this is simply an answer to the question about whether the
$15 of components are worth more because of the investment in
marketing, distribution etc.  It is a semantic distinction, I know, but
I would say they are not *worth* more, but *cost* more because of these
associated costs.  If those costs were stripped away, and one of these
$300 cables was included with, say, a kettle, for which the marketing
and distribution costs are already covered, it could be provided at
much lower cost.

Of course, I'm not trying to put words in tomjtx's mouth....

--
chill