haraldo;285123 Wrote:
> Hmmmmmmm......
> I would be a bit worried if some equipment worked with some music and
> some equipment worked with other kinds of music.....
>

> b.t.w. I love your opera house :-D

Oh I don't know...I think that tube tonal colour doesn't suit all
styles of music. I like my orchestral straight up, my female vocal
coloured and my dance/trip hop straight up as well.

I'm not sure that you can have it all without compromise somewhere.
Most of my hi fi friends have a few different rigs and mix and match
depending on what they are after. One has a 6CLC tube like mine
(actually the same - he built mine!!), a cheaper CD player and a pair
of Jamo's for casual listening and the full exepnsive CD player, ML
Ribbons/ NAD S200 Pre/ dual mono's for serious listening to orchestra.

I also have a set of Hornshoppe Horns that I love for what they
do...and I adore a great set of monitors eg  your Duntech's ...but
forget about driving them with a flea watt tube - and it's associated
tonal warmth.

Thank you - we think it is lovely as well!
Best Wishes
Andrew

--
tricka

Transporter
Bryston SST 100 / 6CLC Spud
Hawthorne SSI Duet OB (Reckhorn for Auggies)
MAC cables (power/IC's/ speaker)
Furutech Power conditioner
Headphone adapter for 6 CLC Sud and AKG 701's

"A Spoonful of Slow..."