penda;289021 Wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but I want the signal as it was intended to be - I
> don't use replay gain either.
I'm still not sure whether you have an integrated. :)

Replay gain is a bit different - it is gain. Digital volume control is
attenuation. You can never get clipping or compression with a digital
volume control so it would be a shame to miss its benefits because of
not liking replay gain. By the way I dislike replay gain too.

Maybe digital volume control is scary because its digital, but it does
work as intended (attenuating the signal using a 24 bit algorithm) and
doesn't have a physical signal path like a preamp that introduces noise
and distortion.

Your aims are laudable (same as mine it seems) but it seems you are
unnecessarily worried about the digital bit. Please explain what your
concerns are in more detail and let's see if we can assuage them. :)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system