opaqueice;290472 Wrote:
> You can't prove a positive either.

Sorry... but you're wrong, you can prove a positive.  If a single
person can repeatably and correctly hear a difference, then you have
proven a positive.  That's the difference.  To prove a positive, you
only have to find that one person.  To prove a negative you have to
test everybody.....

As for the whole CD vs hiRes format argument, I often wonder how much
old prejudices  color the opinions.  The early CD sales pitch was
"perfect sound", but the early players were far from perfect.  Today we
argue if 16 or 24 bits is enough, but the first CD players on the market
only had a single 14 bit DAC, that was shared between the left and right
channel, using an analog sample and hold circuit!  So one channel was
always slightly behind the other!

Over time, the technology has advanced, and the technical shortcomings
of early designs have been corrected, but there is still a deep
distrust in the audiophile community.

And all the time we are thinking about such things, we aren't paying
enough attention to the really important bit.  The thing that got us
all into this quest in the first place....  The music!

Gotta go listen now!                     Dave

--
DCtoDaylight