Your system should show the sb3 to be slightly inferior to the cdp
...assuming your using the standard psu ?.....If you improve the psu
you should get much closer to the cdp ....in my system sb3 [plus modded
psu] feed a dax decade with a cdp as transport ..yes you canjust tell he
cdp has a more dynamic presentation but try as I might it will only ever
play the one disc in the unit ...where as the sb3 has 1200 albums to go
at !

flac is a significant improvment on wav ....in my system...

which is feeding a pair consonance cyber 800's and martin logan statics

--
zanash

Acoustician and builder of interesting cables