seanadams;290817 Wrote:
> Actually what I think is happening here is that an electrical transient
> is causing a momentary error on the s/pdif connection. That's about the
> only explanation for a momentary dropout like that. Are you using coax
> s/pdif?
>
> If so, try switching to optical or analog. If the problem disappears
> the it's the coax. If you really want to use the coax then make sure
> you have a suitable cable. Try a decent quality video cable. If
> changing the cable doesn't help, you might try disconnecting other
> equipment from the receiver in case maybe the noise is coming from
> elsewhere. For example, is the receiver connected to another device
> which is on a different outlet?
>
> BTW there is no way your amplifier is using 850W just sitting there.
> That might be it's maximal capacity when all the stars are aligned just
> right and you have it at max level playing white noise... in any case
> it's not relevant. The problem is that the system is susceptible to
> noise coming from elsewhere.

my thoughts too.....

take a trip to your local electronics emporium and by a supressor unit
for the fridge compressor...

you can build a small silencer plug that plugs into an unused socket in
a block or wall socket ..this will further reduce  noise on the mains

or look up a rather odd tweak on asylum regarding bentonite or my post
on

http://www.thecrossovernetwork.com/forum41/1180.html

though the affects are small  a darker/quieter back ground can't be a
bad thing.

--
zanash

Acoustician and builder of interesting cables