radish;295155 Wrote:
> I read somewhere that they did make some changes to the output
> characteristics with the Gen 2, I think there was a bass rolloff on the
> original which was fixed? Something like that. Anyway, I had both and
> the gen 2 certainly sounds a lot better to me, and louder.

I would have to agree with your opinion. The Gen 2 is an improvement
over the original. The switching power supply is better. The new
circuit board is a huge improvement plus bigger and better caps. There
are no excess blobs of solder on the board as there was with the
original. These little units are easy to tweak to get some more
performance out of them, like running them for off a 12VDC car battery.
The Gen 1 was a steal at $39 for all the things it could be used for.
The Gen 2 is still a good deal at $80 when all you need is a small amp.
And it has volume control to boot!

--
iPhone

iPhone

Last.FM http://www.lastfm.com/user/mePhone

Media Room:
Transporter, Vandersteen Quatro Signature, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks, VTL
TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, VCC-5 Reference Center Channel, four VSM-1
Signatures, Runco 710, RAM Oppo DV970HD, VeraStarr 6.4SE

Living Room:
SqueezeBox Duet, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2,
Two VSM-1, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold

Bedroom:
Squeezebox 3, Thiel 2.3, NAD C370