Skunk;296772 Wrote:
> I'm in the 'give the guy a break' camp though. That could just as easily
> be a $500,000 painting on the wall, or a collector's car in the garage
> that never gets driven, both of which would provide much less overall
> enjoyment.

Probably more importantly is the fact that we're guessing at how good
it can be and are trying to apply our existing knowledge and experience
on how it will sound.
As an analogy, valve amps should be rubbish as they really don't
measure well, yet somehow the Border Patrol and Wavac stuff I've heard
can bring me to tears with how good they are.

Another way to consider it is that just maybe he knows something we
don't, after all it's not that he can't buy a much cheaper system using
the ubiquotous 2 way floorstanders and brand X amps.

--
Mr_Sukebe

SB+, Bel Canto Evo2i, Impulse Ta'us, Coherent system cables, Stillpoints