Phil Leigh;297643 Wrote:
> In my experience SPDIF can get flakey at over 5 metres of coax (rca). By
> flakey I mean it either works reliably with no clicks/pops or it
> doesn't. Not any kind of audible effect/degradation (like one might
> have with audio signals and long cables)
Strange - I have had completely the opposite experience. On several
occasions I have run SPDIF from the digital output of a CD player into
an M-Audio AP2496 soundcard across about 30ft of cheap, thin COAX (the
kind of stuff Maplins sell for 50p/metre - certainly not 75ohm),
terminated with bog standard phono plugs. Never had a problem.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A