iPhone;301865 Wrote:

> For my money, and for that matter for any amount of money, it is my
> opinion that nothing beats a proper high compression mechanical
> connection between speaker cable and a silver spade that is finished
> off with 6% silver solder when it comes to speaker cable termination.
> Again, my opinion and YMMV.

About 40 years ago as a 'summer student' I did some high voltage cable
connector testing at the CEGB in Leatherhead, UK (used to be UK
CEGB..Central Electicity Generating Board).  Yeah, it was true
then...the silver soldered high compression guys won out over the
compressed only ones.  Mind you this was with short circuit currents of
about 10k Amp. We stood behind a 2" thick glass plate window to watch
the action in case the cables blew out of their holders.  If I recall,
the cables were about 1.5" in diameter.  Ohms Law wins every time in
speaker cables, unless of course physics has altered significatly in
the intervening years! (IMHO of course)

Dan

--
chinablues