Nonreality;303832 Wrote:
> So being an A/V receiver automatically makes everything sound the same?
> Are you saying no dynamic range. Maybe the reason they do to you is that
> you haven't listened to any of the nicer ones from Denon or Yamaha
> without bose speakers.  There has been a huge improvement in receivers
> and for a lot of people, expense, house size make it impossible to have
> more than one system for them and the family.  I have my Yamaha paired
> up with some older B&W speakers and have had some pretty knowledgeable
> musicians give it rave reviews. They were people that I'd truly
> consider to be audiophiles and they were very surprised that it was a
> receiver instead of pre amp amp setup. Maybe if they would have seen
> the system before hearing it would not have gotten such good reviews.
> :0I agree with this. A/V receivers are getting VERY close to equi-priced
Audio products. Me too i had two separate systems (an audio with
amp/cdplayer and an A/V with receiver/dvd/sb3) but i gave up the audio
part when i purchased a modern receiver : the difference in quality is
really not worth it anymore : I observe more differencies by getting
better speakers (my previous ones, i mean ;)) or dacs than spending the
same money in amps and cd players. Let apart the complexity of all these
separate boxes.

--
Themis

SB3 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus