Phil Leigh;308253 Wrote:
> Worth an experiment...maybe the cable you were previously using had a
> defective connection/damaged shield or signal wire?
>
> I did an experiment recently and couldn't hear a difference between a
> Kimber D-60 and a freebie lead.

This was exactly my experience.  I even ran the test "blind" with a
friend to switch (or pretend to switch) cables.  Couldn't tell any
difference, and whenever I thought I did, it was unreliable, no
consistent characteristics emerged across a variety of music.  We
swapped roles and my friend was equally unsuccessful at hearing any
consistent differences.

Of course, the lovely velvet case that the Kimber D-60 comes in should
make your system sound 50% better, right?

--
HalleysComet